Busy day, today (spending it with the family after being absent for much of this week) and what’s on my mind at present I would rather wait until tomorrow to discuss. So today I present a Previous Post Potpourri! The following links are those that seemed to catch someone’s fancy in the last few weeks or so (call them “reruns” if you will). I’ve thrown in a few new links for some added benefit. And, as a bonus at the end, I give you my highly anticipated, very technical, and thoroughly exhaustive review of Apple’s new iPad.
- The State of the Union speech hasn’t changed my opinion of the state of our union, I’m afraid, and I still believe that Peggy Noonan really did a fair job of hitting the nail on the head in her October 29, 2009 opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal. I discussed it in my post “A Nation Run by Callous Children” and will note, here, that you will see a similar theme in her piece published online today, “The Obama Contradiction.”
- It generated more talk on Facebook than it did out here on the blog, methinks, but it’s apparently an issue many are talking about: “Spanking bans, good idea or not?”
- Yes, my children will be taking over the chess world soon. We discussed their marvelous and innovative chess strategies here.
- The post “‘Avatar’ and, believe it or not, 2012” on worldwide academic acclaim for providing a much-needed phrase to the English language: “naked space smurfs.”
- I’ve been linking to the Living Church of God’s countdown of 2009’s most downloaded items, and I realize now that I have missed the publishing of #8 & #7. Here they are!Top 10 Website Downloads in 2009: #8 (click here) & #7 (click here)
And, finally, as I promised, I present my exhaustive, in-depth technological review of Apple’s new iPad: Bleh. It’s just a giant iPhone.
(My apologies for the technological lingo I had to employ in that extensive review. Some nuanced concepts can only be communicated through the specialized and somewhat esoteric words that are specific to a technical field.)
That’s it, and I apologize that you had to sit through this post — I’m in a bit of an odd mood, today, and I suppose my posting reflects it!
Have a wonderful Sabbath!